The Walkways and platforms are allowable on individual properties along the ICW, Sanders Bay and Sikes Creek. The ARC requirements are as follows and must be submitted to the CAMS office in Morehead City. The fee for this review is $ 250.00 payable at the time of submission. Construction start prior to ARC approval will be served penalty in keeping with ARC guidelines.
- Obtain permits from CAMA and Carteret County.
- Present both permits and document sketch required to obtain permits.
- No piling shall protrude above deck.
- Lighting shall be at foot level and direct to walkway/platform; no illumination beyond walk service.
- Decking to be composite or hog slat (concrete); no wood decking.
- Project to be complete within 60 days of initial presentation of materials on site.
- Restore any disturbance to surrounding properties.